Job Ref: 45512
Department: PARTNERSHIP IN CARE
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $52,148.00
Salary Range: $52,148.00 - $52,148.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Administrative Assistant will have a broad arrange of office management and skills in information systems software. TheAdministrative Assistant is responsible for coordinating and managing the department to ensure the smooth flow of information to support the operations of the department. Provide administrative support to the Senior Associate Director as assigned.
- Coordinate the Associate Medical Director’s daily calendar.
- Direct and coordinate special projects as requested by the Associate Medical Director of HIV services and monitor and present progress reports.
- Develop reports, correspondences and other documents as requested by the Associate Medical Director. Perform other appropriate duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Create yearly schedule for departmental meetings. Prepare agenda items and transcribe minutes for all team meetings and adhoc meetings at the request of the Associate Medical Director.
- Serves as a liaison for the MIS department and send emails, etc. for trouble shooting various systems problems identified by the HIV Services Staff.
- Maintain all departmental files folders for HIV Services. Maintain department folder on H drive to ensure accuracy and ease of locating information.
- Prepare and maintain weekly coverage and email appropriate staff of staff coverage and call-outs.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies for the department.
- Support the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of HIV Services/Partnership in Care and MetroPlus Health Plan.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and five years of clerical/secretarial experience; or an Associate Degree with specialization in Secretarial Science and three years of clerical experience or a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and two years.
- Ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy in all internal and external contact relationships and to exercise initiative in the preparation of routine correspondence, in handing administrative details and to maintain confidentiality of all executive and corporate matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational communication and analytical skills.
- Computer literacy with proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred. Fluency in other languages is welcomed.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communication
- Computer proficiency: word, excel, PowerPoint, DCMS, QuadraMed, and other related MetroPlus systems.
- Development of meeting agenda, comprehensive minutes, correspondence and reports as requested.
- Outlook management; daily calendar and scheduling meetings for the Associate Medical Director.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit