Business Continuity Analyst
Job Ref: 62298
Department: MHP BUSINESS RESUMPTION PLNG
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $63,860.00
Salary Range: $63,860.00 - $63,860.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Information Security Department is responsible for Business Continuity (BC) across MetroPlus Health Plan.
The BC Team ensures that all Departments have comprehensive BC Plans to continue to provide services in the event of a disruption. Under the direction of the Business Continuity Manager, the Business Continuity Analyst will play a critical role in developing and managing departmental Business Continuity Plans for the organization.
The BC Analyst will work with the BC Team to ensure New York State requirements are met and industry best practices/standards are developed, maintained, and adhered to across the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management or related field
• Two + year experience in Business Continuity or related area
• Experience in managing projects; working with cross functional teams; being a team player
• Detail oriented paired with high organization skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Licensure and/or Certifcation Required:
• Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), Business Continuity Institute (BCI), or other business continuity professional certification is a plus
• Collaborate with managers to develop and maintain Business Continuity Plans
• Assist in the planning and coordination of Business Continuity activities
• Plan and schedule exercises to test alternate strategies, crisis management, emergency notification and the
company's ability to respond to business interruptions to identify the overall state of readiness
• Assist with Business and Technical Impact Analysis activities (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, data input,
• Work to enhance, formalize and standardize the business continuity across all critical applications and business units
• Help define the appropriate recovery approach and support management in the recovery of business functions when a disaster occurs
• Inform and train staff members on their responsibilities concerning business continuity procedures and emergency response
• Work on special projects and assignments, as needed