Call Center Supervisor
Job Ref: 63903
Category: Call Center
Department: CALL CENTER
Location: 1 Metrotech Center North, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $60,000.00
Salary Range: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Call Center supervisor supports and supervises a team which may comprise of customer service representatives, complaint coordinators and/or specialists. The Customer Services Supervisor provides leadership, coaching and development to the direct reports to ensure that our customers needs are met quickly, efficiently and with a high caliber a service.
- Leads a team of approximately 15 CSRS in delivering high quality service to MetroPlus ensuring that every customer interaction delivers on service standards.
- Directly accountable for ensuring exceptionally high individual CSR and department service levels.
- Provides (at minimum) monthly feedback to all direct reports through quality and coaching sessions utilizing quality scorecards to measure performance and documenting within employee timelines.
- Handles escalated call from customers often involving complex and challenging situations, and resolves them to the customer’s satisfaction, while adhering to all company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between other departments for resolution of member/provider related issues.
- Works collaboratively with the Workforce Analyst team to ensure appropriate staffing needs, coverage maintenance, CSR schedule adherence and average handle time monitoring.
- Complete all employee performance reviews as required for direct reports.
- Conduct weekly huddles with team providing employees with knowledge refreshers, organizational updates and using opportunity to highlight high performers.
- Ensure CSRs complete all compliance required assignments on time.
- Maintain knowledge of all policies, procedures and regulations as it relates to MetroPlus and Health Management systems.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Health Services or 5 years of related experience
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience in a fast paced and high stress environment. Preferably in a call center environment or managed care environment.
- Minimum three years demonstrated experience in employee development and performance management.
- Experience leading and managing a remote workforce highly desired but not required.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS suite of products (excel, outlook, powerpoint, etc.)
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication