Chief Information Officer
Job Ref: 46371
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $280,000.00 - $360,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) provides technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the company-wide information technology (IT) program. The CIO is responsible to formulate information technology strategies for the MetroPlus Health Plan ensuring alignment with the mission, corporate goals and other strategic initiatives.
Strategy and Planning
- Leverage technology to build business value
- Develop, in concert with other senior leaders, forward-looking models and initiatives
- Align IT objectives and programs with the organization’s overall vision, strategies and objectives.
- Define IT performance metrics based on the organization’s overall objectives
- Develop and control IT budget and performance objectives.
- Identify opportunities to enhance performance and profitability through the adoption of emerging technologies.
- Lead planning and implementation of all management and reporting systems, client operations and internal communications.
- Define, update and implement IT strategy, and manage IT across the organization.
- Responsible for employee recruitment, staff performance and development, and supervision of assigned personnel in the IT Department.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for IT staff opportunities, succession and critical continuity.
- Ensure an effective communication plan supporting IT change management and initiatives.
- Supervise the progress and implementation of strategic IT initiatives.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of systems and processes according to acceptable industry standards including auditability, accountability, and systems assurance.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of all IT-related functions.
- Oversee core configuration function and assures timely and accurate term and benefit configuration.
- Ensure timely, accurate and secure file transmission supporting critical business functions (membership, eligibility, dental, pharmacy, claims and financial)
- Coordinate with stakeholders to determine size, scope and duration of proposed projects. Ensure IT resources are available and properly aligned with anticipated project demands.
- Direct and ensure the responsiveness and service levels of IT are aligned with business needs and expectations.
- Maximize the mix, and optimize the cost benefits of internal vs. outsourced solutions.
- Build strong technology vendor partnerships to ensure best performance and effective financial return.
- Define standards and architectures.
- Oversee selection and purchasing of IT assets to meet business requirements
Policy and Community Relations
- Align Information Technology processes and procedures with overall business goals.
- Represent the organization from a technology perspective to partners, coalitions, government and community organizations and technology trade groups.
- Participate in organizational policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Awareness of nonprofit technology-related audit best practices, including state and federal laws.
Risk Management and Information Security
- Manage and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic records of the enterprise.
- Align IT risk management with corporate risk posture.
- Monitor and validate the organization’s compliance with information security policies.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, PCI, NYSDFS security and cyber requirements and other recognized security standards.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and security-related procedures.
- Oversees disaster response and business continuity initiatives.
- BS in Computer Science or business-related field required. A minimum of ten years of increasingly responsible experience in information systems management
- Experience in healthcare of health insurance required
- Proven track record of IT leadership, financial management, and strategic planning
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit