Chief Operating Officer
Job Ref: 37810
Department: PLANNING & PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $230,000.00
Salary Range: $230,000.00 - $290,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
At MetroPlus, we are deeply driven by our Mission to provide a caring, high quality customer experience to preserve and improve the health and lives of New Yorkers with our integrated healthcare system. We continuously strive towards our Vision to be the number one plan of choice for the communities we serve. And we expect everyone in our organization, from leadership to frontline staff, to embody our Core Values:
- Give care and compassion to all
- Be customer powered: Align daily actions to positive, impactful customer experiences, connect with internal and external customers
- Be proud of what we do: Take ownership and accountability, be solutions driven
- Act as a team: Build trust, empower others, champion transparent communication
- Thrive with change: Spark and support innovation, transform our business through technology and data
When you consider joining us, we ask that you think about what drives you, what you strive for, and what your values are. If you believe they align with ours, we would like to hear from you!
MetroPlus Health Plan is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the Plan has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive, and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Bottom line: Build a model company.
- Responsible for overseeing corporate operations, including, but not limited to, Regulatory, Privacy and Compliance, Product Management (Health Exchange, Medicare, etc.), Internal Audit, Project Management, Non-Provider Contracting, Corporate Communications and other operating areas as the Plan requires.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Collaborate with the management team as well as the Chief Growth Officer to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the senior leadership team; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as a leader through direct contact with every customer and partner.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the Plan with membership, business and community partners.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This position regularly requires long hours.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business or related field or JD.
- At least eight years of strong operational experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least five years in a senior management role.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- MetroPlus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Matrix Management
- Project Management
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit