Customer Service Representative I
Job Ref: 56532
Department: PATIENT RELATIONS
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $41,985.00
Salary Range: $41,985.00 - $41,985.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Customer Services Representatives (CSRs) are responsible for providing comprehensive high-quality service to all customers. The primary responsibilities, include but are not limited to, answering customer calls, proactively working to resolve our members and providers questions and concerns, responding to and documenting all customer encounters, intaking complaints, conducting outreach and retention efforts, assisting with PCP selections and handling all provider inquiries related to eligibility, claims and authorizations.
Currently, we are seeking individuals who are prepared to start on either of the following dates: September 21, October 5, October 19, or November 2.
- Strive for first call resolution, working to resolve member and provider issues at the point of contact
- Utilize dual monitors and leverage computer-based resources to find answers to customer questions
- Research and respond accurately to all customer inquiries related to eligibility, benefits/ services, claims and authorizations.
- Classify and record all customer encounters clearly and concisely.
- Identify and escalate complex issues and provide follow-up/ closure.
- Identify and intake customer complaints capturing all pertinent information.
- Assist members with PCP selection, as well as, locating providers and vendors within Plan’s network.
- Verify and update member demographic information.
- Process requests for member materials, such as ID cards, member guide, provider directory, etc.
- Handle enrollment inquiries and generate sales leads.
- Handle disenrollment requests and pro-actively conduct retention efforts.
- Perform outreach related to New Member Orientation and PCP Term/ Resign projects.
- Process premium payments.
- All other duties and special projects as assign by the Director of Customer Services.
- Ability to work between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Monday – Friday, and 9:00AM-5:00PM Saturday
- Training class (Paid): 9:00AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
- High School graduation or evidence of having satisfactory passed a High School Equivalency Program; and
- Minimum 1 year experience in a call center environment or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven experience in providing excellent service to customers in various healthcare related areas, (i.e. insurance, doctor’s office, medical clinics)
- Poise under pressure when dealing with difficult situations and potentially upset customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping a high attention to detail
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication