Deputy Director of Marketing
Job Ref: 46315
Department: MARKETING ADMINISTRATION
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $120,000.00
Salary Range: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The primary functions of the Deputy Director of Marketing, is to direct, monitor, plan, coordinate, control and evaluate marketplace sales and operations activities. This person will be the key executive responsible for the planning, implementation, development and coordination of MarketPlace sales strategies and tactics to support the plan’s overall marketing efforts.
- Primarily drive and market state-of-the art MarketPlace Products (Medicaid, QHP, Essential and Child Health Plus) to the residents of Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx. Secondary focus on driving the growth of MetroPlus’ entire product portfolio through leads or direct enrollment when possible.
- Maintain the MarketPlace Product line structure and hire appropriate staff.
- Responsible for the development, guidance and management of MarketPlace sales teams including Associate Directors (Managers), Assistant Directors (Supervisors) and MarketPlace Facilitated Enrollers (MFEs).
- Responsible for the achievement of membership goals of responsible product lines.
- Oversight of staff’s adherence towards compliance regulations.
- Contribute to the development of the annual sales and marketing plans including specific objectives for the MarketPlace product lines.
- In conjunction with sales management, establish the strategies and tactics necessary to achieve annual sales objectives.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining productive and cooperative relationships with clients and the community to ensure profitability and membership goals are attained.
- Provide coordination between contracted organizations on management and timing issues and maintain a positive public relations image within the communities MetroPlus serves.
- Drive initiatives developed with Medical Services to implement preventative health education programs for MetroPlus members including, but not limited to, wellness programs, smoking cessation, nutrition and violence prevention
- Contribute ideas and suggestions, towards community events throughout the calendar year as a joint cooperative effort with provider sites including but not limited to health fairs, church bazaars and city events. Provide monitoring oversight with sales management at events to secure performance goals.
- Provide feedback towards the continued development of new MarketPlace products and services.
- Ensure internal communications are established so product information flows to the MarketPlace sales force.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing on all issues related to the growth, strength and long-range profitability of the organization.
- Other requested functions or projects as directed by Director of Marketing and Leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in sales and marketing in a health care setting, with at least five years of senior management.
- A proven track record in Medicare/Medicaid HMO development is preferred.
- Ability to utilize and produce documents from Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio and MS Project)
- Knowledge of NYC underserved and growing markets to develop analysis used for strategic marketing plans.
- Knowledge of city-wide planning tools such as fact finder, American Community Surveys and Census Reports.
- Proven track record of guiding sales forces composed of at least 1 entire borough or more.
- Ability to commute and manage across all 5 City Boroughs (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx)
- Strong public speaking skills used to represent MetroPlus Health Plan in community engagement and media platforms.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques to capitalize from the use of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of provider marketing best practices and panel growth tactics.
- Understanding of NYC membership retention elements and its impact on growth.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit