Deputy Director of Pharmacy
Job Ref: 56162
Department: PHARMACY ADMIN
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $150,000.00
Salary Range: $150,000.00 - $168,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Deputy Director of Pharmacy is responsible for day to day operations maintaining current Quality and UM strategies while supporting the Director of Pharmacy for new Quality and UM initiatives across all MetroPlus’ lines of business. The Deputy Director is also expected to monitor external industry trends as well as stay current on new therapies and guidelines to provide recommendations for UM strategy.
- Executes day to day operations including but not limited to: responding to PBM and other internal, external entities requiring pharmacy response, monitoring drug spend, monitoring prior authorization review and strategy.
- Supports strategies and programs for delivering pharmacy services across the plan to achieve high quality, affordable health care that improves our members’ lives.
- Supports preparation for Pharmacy & Therapeutics (P&T) Committee and associated committees.
- Supports monitoring and oversight to ensure PBM and pharmacy vendors meet contractual obligations.
- Create oversight processes to control costs and mitigate FWA risk.
- Delivers information and recommendations pertinent to external pharmacy industry trends and developments that represent risk and opportunities for the organization.
- Supports short- and long-term organization initiatives.
- Analyzes key metric reports and makes recommendations, as necessary.
- Supports MetroPlus pharmacy quality initiatives as required.
- Supports management of MetroPlus formularies.
- Acts as a clinical resource for all MetroPlus departments as required.
- Supports maintenance of regulatory compliance according to New York State and Federal regulations
- Manages pharmacy staff to ensure adequate staffing, performance metrics are met and holding employees accountable for issues related to performance or professional conduct
- Preform other duties as necessary or assigned
- Doctor of Pharmacy required
- Clinical pharmacy experience in a managed care environment required
- Experience in Pharmacy management of government programs (Medicare, Medicare Part D, and Medicaid) required
- Experience in formulary and criteria development/management preferred
- Supervisory experience in managed care environment preferred
- Prior experience completing evidenced based formulary reviews, supportive literature evaluation, participation in clinical pharmacy programs, presenting clinical information to providers and committees preferred
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Experience in the evaluation and interpretation of pharmacy claims data and other clinical data is preferred
- Position requires excellent organizational, teamwork, interpersonal, time management, written and verbal communication skills
Licensure and/or Certification Required
- Current New York State Pharmacy License (active and not limited).
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications