Director of Call Center Operations
Job Ref: 58866
Category: Member Services
Department: CALL CENTER
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY 10038
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $130,000.00
Salary Range: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
This position has three main areas of responsibility including delivery of service excellence, people management & development and driving the overall objectives and operational execution of the customer service function for MetroPlus Health. Working in collaboration with and leading the customer service management team, this role is responsible for the achieving/exceeding key performance indicator targets while also ensuring that all contacts whether inbound or outbound are handled in line with MetroPlus Health Service Model.
- Ensure the highest standard of customer care is delivered and maintained in all aspects of the Customer Service function including (but not limited to): inbound and outbound call management, complaints, appeals and grievances processes, etc.
- Directs the day to day operations of the call center ensuring service and quality metrics are at minimum met but preferably exceeded.
- Manages the call center to reflect industry best practices and strives to achieve industry certifications such as Call Center of Excellence or others to validate the standard of performance.
- Provides strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team of managers to efficiently and effectively lead a team of 150+ customer service
- Works with the Senior Director of Customer Service to develop/maintain department performance goals and objectives which is cascaded down to each individual team member as appropriate.
- Constantly develops and implements initiatives which optimizes business performance and results in increased member/provider satisfaction.
- Supports and drives a culture of business excellence thus ensuring that all employees are fully informed, trained and supported in exceeding our customer/provider’s expectations.
- Ensures call volume forecasts and planning requirement are built to manage peak volume periods to ensure delivery of KPIs.
- Ensures MetroPlus Health’s Call Center follows and complies with all contract, state and regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Oversees the call center’s quality assurance and implements any necessary corrective actions to ensure consistent application of all laws, regulations and policies.
- Complete regular analysis (monthly and quarterly) of call center performance reports and ensure accuracy and timely distribution of reports that provide insight to performance.
- Develop and manage annual operations budget. Track invoices and expenditures ensuring careful evaluation of trends and expenses that impact budget.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare, Business Administration degree or higher strongly preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certifications (Yellow, White or Green Belt) preferred OR demonstrated quality management and continous process improvement experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of Call Center/Contact Center management experience
- Minimum two years' experience leading large teams (100+) with performance management authority for all staff including supervisors/managers
- Experience with call center systems (e.g. Avaya, Cisco, NICE, Verint, Salesforce, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with metrics and analysis including workforce planning, productivity, SLAs and KPIs required.
- Proven ability to develop and manage budget.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills with suite of Microsoft products including Outlook, Word,Visio, Power Point and Excel
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Excellent Written/Oral Communication
- Strong People Management