Director of Medicare Sales
Job Ref: 61867
Department: SALES ADMINISTRATION
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $160,000.00
Salary Range: $160,000.00 - $180,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The primary functions of the Director of Medicare Sales are to develop, direct, monitor, plan, coordinate, control and evaluate overall sales and marketing operations activities. This person will be the key executive responsible for the planning, implementation, development and coordination of MetroPlus’ sales, strategies and tactics to support the plan’s overall marketing efforts. The Director of Medicare Sales reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer. In addition to the base salary, this position affords an opportunity for additional compensation in the form of bonus/incentive.
- Develop and market various government sponsored managed care products.
- Develop and effectively manage the annual Sales Department budget.
- Maintain the departmental structure and hire appropriate staff.
- Formulate the annual sales and marketing plan including specific objectives for each product line.
- In conjunction with sales management, establish the strategies and tactics necessary to achieve annual sales objectives.
- Manage the sales compensation and incentive program and monitor its effectiveness on a continuing basis.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining productive and cooperative relationships with clients and the community to ensure profitability and membership goals are attained.
- Provide coordinate between contacted organizations and management on timing issues and maintain a positive public relations image within the communities MetroPlus serves.
- Work with Medical Services to develop, implement and oversee a primary preventative health education program for MetroPlus members including, but not limited to, wellness programs, smoking cessation, nutrition and violence presentation.
- Guide the creation and implementation of all advertising, media and promotional campaigns aimed at promoting MetroPlus and increasing Plan Membership.
- Provide statistical, graphical and competitive data on an ongoing basis for purpose of educating the organization board members and network site administration,
- Develop and implement a schedule of community events throughout the calendar year as a joint cooperative effort with provider sites including but not limited to health fairs, church bazaars and city events.
- Direct the customer support and service functions.
- Direct and participate in the continued development of new products and services.
- Ensure internal communications are established in order for product to flow to the sales force and the various functional areas are cognizant of sales activities.
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management team on all issues related to growth, strength and long-range profitability of the organization.
- Endure that all Sales personnel are in compliance with all Regulatory matters and that Sales Department guidelines, policies and procedures are followed.
- Analyze data from internal and external sources as it pertains to membership, community demographics, and competitive enrollment trends to increase Plan membership.
- Monitor he quality and integrity of enrollment applications submitted.
- Oversee the retention efforts/strategies of the Sales Department as it relates to member renewal, document collection and application completion.
- Initiate and facilitate the relationship with various Regulatory, government, community-based organizations and small business organizations to expose MetroPlus and brand the various products offered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in sales and marketing in a health care setting, with at least five years of senior management.
- A proven track record in Medicare/Medicaid HMO development is preferred.
- Motor Vehicle required
Licensure and/or Certification Required
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and maintain throughout employment
- New York State Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent License
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications