Director of Project Management
Job Ref: 66972
Department: MHP PMO
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $190,000.00
Salary Range: $190,000.00 - $190,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Director of Project Management, reporting to the COO, will be responsible for driving enterprise-wide projects through leading a strategic, effective, customer-centric unit, with particular focus on Operational and IT integration and coordination. This role will bring thought leadership and structure to the organization’s approach to
identification, prioritization, organization, and execution of priority initiatives. This role will have the skillset to deliver individual projects, as well as govern multiple, streamlined complex projects through management of large matrix project teams and employment of standardized tools and practices.
This is a matrixed line management position with direct authority over project managers.
Salary commensurate with experience and education.
• Support risk assessment efforts across organization to inform priorities, goals and objectives across book of business.
• Responsible for managing mission critical, complex projects to deliver results within the authorized budget on the approved time schedule.
• Manages the defined scope of work. Controls scope as required to deliver results.
• Develops objective measures for evaluating project status and effectiveness.
• Capable of managing projects across a broad range of project specialty areas.
• Serves as a mentor and source of expertise to other Project Managers and project staff.
• Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Apply the appropriate management techniques given project specific needs, risks and differences in core team member skill levels.
• Provide leadership to clear barriers to team progress, promote the good of the company, resolve conflicts within the team and outside the team and ensure the project goals and staff assignments are realistic and achievable.
• Drive teams towards excellence in analysis and decision making.
• Provides input to organizational strategic goals and objectives.
• Create, implement and manage project portfolios, project plans, business requirement documents, communication plans, test plans and other project documents
• Delegate and manage the tasks of the other functional core team members. Correct project resource issues such as performance problems or availability problems.
• Communicate regularly with Functional Managers, Project Management Steering Committee Members, Executive Sponsor and other project stakeholders to apprise all regarding status of the project, issues impeding progress, and issues needing immediate escalation to Executive Staff.
• Evaluate subordinate Project Managers, Leads and other team members.
• Master’s degree preferred; 3-5 plus years’ experience with a process improvement methodology such as Lean or Six Sigma preferred.
• Two (2) plus years managing large complex projects (multiple project managers, 15 plus project staff, $2 million or more project budget) required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working at a health plan in project management or operations
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or extensive experience using a PMI-based Project Management Methodology/Process Improvement methodology required.
• Bachelor of Science/Arts degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Experience implementing third party applications required.
• Advanced knowledge of one or more project specialty areas: (Software Development, Technical Infrastructure, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Systems Implementation).
• Ability to assume a consulting role with executive management and external executives.
• Extensive working knowledge of management techniques as applied to projects.
• Extensive working knowledge of the software development life cycle and the ability to operate effectivelywithin the process.
• Experience assembling and motivating cross-functional teams that work together to meet requirements.
• Able to work in both technical and operational environments which have strong Best Practices for task execution in place (ISO 9000, CMM).
• Creative problem-solving skills, a win-win mentality.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Understanding of Project Management tools including Microsoft Project, Excel and Time Tracking Systems.
• Integrity and Trust
• Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical skills
• Written/Oral Communication