Director of Training & Development
Job Ref: 64687
Category: Human Resources
Department: HR OPERATIONS
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $130,000.00
Salary Range: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Under the supervision of Deputy Chief Human Resource Officer, the Director of Training and Development directs the design, planning, and implementation of corporate and departmental training programs. He/she assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. He/she defines operating objectives and training plans to meet short- and long-term goals and actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate and enhance performance.
- Collaborates with functional areas and organizational leaders to assess ongoing and future training and developmental needs as well as effectiveness of established programs
- Develops a program delivery schedule that provides training as needed and in locations that work for the participants.
- Approves new training techniques and suggests enhancements to existing training programs
- Oversees and establishes relationships with vendors to provide additional outside training programs
- Instructional Design – Develop programs, materials and job aids designed to meet identified instructional/informational needs, including training for new staff and refresher training for experienced staff in departments having significant regulatory compliance responsibilities, as well as training that is required to meet the operational needs of the organization. Produce costeffective classroom based and e-learning training programs within budgeted resources. Employ a system approach to development and evaluation of training programs and materials as follows:
- Identifies specific needs for training and job aids.
- Prepares instructional objectives stated in measurable terms
- Designs or procures training programs, instructional materials, and job aids to meet instructional objectives.
- Instructional Delivery – Present training programs; disseminate materials and instructional aids.
- Will deliver a blend of traditional classroom and e-learning training programs. Proportion of time spent using different training modalities will be determined by organizational needs in conjunction with guidance from the Associate Executive Director of HR&OD
- Will act as a coach and facilitator to learner groups and individuals in accordance with training programs’ strategies and objectives.
- Evaluation – Evaluate program effectiveness and revise training programs, materials and instructional aids as required to ensure achievement of program objectives by individual learners and the Plan as a whole.
- In consultation with the Deputy CHRO and CHRO, develop performance management tools and practices, including, but not limited to, performance evaluations, collaborative action plans, etc.
- Be a resource to and serve as an expert for all internal and external stakeholders in providing innovative and effective learning and development solutions.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- A Master’s Degree in Art or Science
- At least 8 years of management experience as high-level Training manager
- At least 3 years of experience in managing personnel
- Familiarity with the methods and principles for designing programs to teach, train and instruct both groups and individuals, including the means of assessing the effects of training
- Experience in or knowledge of Human resource management, including principles behind recruitment, selection, labor relations, negotiation, training and personnel information systems.
- Strong customer and personal service skills, including customer (or employer) needs assessment, evaluation of satisfaction and ensuring quality standards of service.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications