Director of Vendor Management and Oversight
Job Ref: 62092
Department: MHP PROCUREMENT & VENDOR MGMT
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $90,000.00
Salary Range: $90,000.00 - $99,124.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Director of Management and Oversight is accountable for the management of key vendor relationships, including delegated vendors for MetroPlus Health. The Director of Vendor Management is responsible for the development, implementation of the health plan Vendor Management Program which includes the development of policies and procedures, identification and assessment of potential vendors, vendor contracting, oversight of the vendor management committee, ongoing monitoring and oversight of the relationship, and the implementation of Corrective Action Plans (CAPS). The position is also responsible for monitoring and addressing vendor performance issues including but not limited to service level agreements, key process indicators, and adherence to contract terms.
- Oversees the vendor management program including but not limited to delegated vendors, IT vendors, fulfillment vendors, management service organizations, and network vendors.
- Liaison between the vendors, delegated and non-delegated, and internal health plan departments including compliance, medical management, quality management, customer service, procurement, IT and claims.
- Participates in the vendor contract process including the development of service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Works with health plan departmental functional managers to monitor, assess and address vendor performance.
- Ensures that vendor performance issues and day to day issues are tracked, reported and trended.
- Develops and implements vendor management policies and procedures both internally and externally (vendor)
- Assists with the oversight and management of the vendor managers.
- Works collaboratively on vendor related initiatives with health plan departments including quality management, customer service and experience, medical management, and claims.
- Prepares and presents vendor management reports to stakeholders including executive staff, directors, managers and committees.
- Participates in regulatory oversite audits.
- Ensures that vendors are aligned with MHP strategy including customer experience, customer excellence, and operational excellence.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in a vendor manager role in a health plan
- Experience in vendor contracting, oversight, and corrective action plan implementation
- Managed care experience strongly preferred.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters in Public Health (MPH) is required
- Excellent customer services skills and the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication