Foster Care Liaison
Job Ref: 46348
Category: Utilization Review and Case Management
Department: CASE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $78,000.00
Salary Range: $78,000.00 - $83,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Foster Care Liaison (FCL) is responsible for high touch coordination between MetroPlus, Beacon Health Options, OCFS, LDSS/VFCA. The FCL is a key position in the Children’s Special Services Unit. The FCL ensures the timely enrollment and disenrollment of foster children to MetroPlus and high touch coordination for all medically fragile HCBS population. The FCL works with the Health Home Liaison to ensure that members receive proper health home coordination services, timely CANS-NY assessments, and appropriate HCBS services.
The incumbent is in direct contact with care coordinators, health home care managers and service providers. The FCL works with the Children’s Special Services’ clinical team and Beacon, MetroPlus Children Services clinical team to ensure that foster children who are MetroPlus members receive timely access and appropriate level of clinical care.
- Serves as MetroPlus’ point of contact to OCFS, LDSS/VFCA.
- Works with the Children’s Special Services and Beacon’s clinical staff to ensure the provision of clinical services, Health Home coordination and HCBS services to foster children who are MetroPlus members.
- Works with LDSS/VFCA coordinators to promote and coordinate access to care.
- Monitors appropriate care to foster and/or medically fragile children.
- The FCL works with the Plan’s Customer Service, LDSS and/or VFCA to ensure the seamless and timely enrollment and disenrollment of foster children.
- The FCL works with the Plan’s Health Home Liaison, MetroPlus’ case/um managers, Beacon’s case managers to ensure that members receive the appropriate clinical, health home and HCBS services they need.
- The FCL works with LDSS/VFCA, MetroPlus and Beacon’s clinical teams to ensure continuation of care for members dis-enrolling from the plan and/or leaving foster care.
- Assists the Children’s Special Services clinical team to comply with UM requirements for the medically fragile population set forth by the “office of Health Insurance Programs Principles for Medically Fragile Children”.
- Helps to generate reports of trends in grievances, appeals and denials.
- Ensures the monitoring of care coordination, CANS-NY assessments and HCBS services provided by Health Homes and HCBS providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Medical Director, Director of Children’s Special Services and the Behavioral Health Department Management.
- A degree in social work or related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience, knowledge and skills sufficient to indicate ability to perform satisfactorily.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working with foster children.
- Must have thorough knowledge of OCFS’ regulations, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different players and agencies in the foster care field.
- Experience working in managed health care, preferred.
Licensure and/or Certification Required
- Social Worker
- Licensed Practical Nurse or RN
- Integrity and Trust
- Ability to work on few tasks at the same time under strict time table
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Customer Focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Functional Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit