Human Resources Generalist (Seasonal)
Job Ref: 64646
Category: Human Resources
Department: HR OPERATIONS
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $61,000.00
Salary Range: $61,000.00 - $67,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is responsible, in consultation with the Deputy Chief Human Resource Officer, for the administration of a range of HR services such as onboarding, offboarding, benefits, employee relations, performance management, career development, and HRIS. The primary function is to provide day-to-day support to all levels of employees, management and assist with projects, and processes across a full range of HR functions.
This is a Seasonal position and there are 4 positions available.
- Completes onboarding for all new hires, including, but not limited to, extending offer, conducting appropriate background checks, ensuring onboarding documents are completed, data entry into HRIS system, etc.
- Position Management Transaction: Open, close, create, and/ or update positions that were approved as per the Vacancy Control Board
- Complete title changes, reimbursement code changes, functional title changes via Human Resources Share Services ticket system
- Guide and administer newly hired staff enrollment into benefit programs such as health, dental, pension and retirement plans, if applicable.
- Acts as the primary resource for employee benefit and retirement inquires.
- Conduct Exit Interviews.
- Administers various Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Compiles and inputs data into HRIS Administration system
- Provides various reports monthly and as otherwise directed.
- Audit the integrity of all data entry, classification and compensation related and conducts daily Payroll audit, if necessary
- Monitors employee leaves of absence (daily usage and return to duty), if applicable
- Serves as intermediate-level contact for all HR-related issues such as HR policy inquiry, benefits, employee information updates, new hires and termination.
- Interpret Human Resources policies to ensure compliance with stated and implied regulations.
- Assist in special projects as needed and all other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- 2-3 years experience in Human Resources is required.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills, working with people at all organizational levels and providing excellent customer service.
- Must possess general knowledge, expertise with MS Office suite (Outlook, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have experience with HRIS, PeopleSoft preferred.
Licensure and/or Certification Required
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP a plus but not required.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Excellent Written/Oral Communication
- Must demonstrate a strong capacity for critical thinking and reasoning