Learning & Performance Consultant
Job Ref: 45860
Category: Human Resources
Department: HR OPERATIONS
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $70,000.00
Salary Range: $70,000.00 - $78,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Learning & Performance Consultant will act as a resource to develop, deliver, plan, implement, and evaluate training. As well as assess the educational and organizational development needs of MetroPlus employees. This position provides the opportunity for professional growth and challenges in an organization where the staff is committed to excellence. The position offers a unique opportunity to join the Learning and Organizational Development department with a commitment to continual improvement and performance excellence.
- Design and/or deliver specialized training programs, tailored to specific needs and audiences, using traditional and non-traditional methods.
- Provide intuitive facilitation skills related to topics such as conflict resolution, team building, people skills and other performance management areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with and provide educational and organizational development consultative services to various departments, utilizing Adult Learning principles.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate New Hire Orientation, Professional Development courses and other educational offerings as assigned.
- Identify and plan for educational offerings to meet the needs of defined populations.
- Provide leadership for the assessment of learning/resource needs.
- Understand and monitor applicable regulations, policies and procedures and implement programs to maintain to government, citywide, and corporate compliance.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate new technology or applications training.
- Support, train, and participate in quality improvement and additional initiatives as defined.
- Understand and demonstrate the alignment between H+H corporate objectives and MPU training programs while implementing metrics to achieve MetroPlus Leadership objectives.
- Provide consultative services to all MP employees, utilizing accountability based training processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, human resources or related field and additional education/training in learning theory and methodology required.
- Must possess four years’ experience coordinating and providing education and/or training in a corporate setting. Management skills for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of education and organizational development skills necessary to coordinate and manage learning programs for staff and group facilitation skills required. Experience in instructional design, needs analysis and training delivery required and demonstrated. Experience may be substituted for education in certain instances. Organizational effectiveness/development experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a broad general knowledge and understanding of learning theories, facilitation and stand up training skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, computer, technology, and presentation skills required, with an overall knowledge of sound business training and development practices.
- CPLP (Certified Professional, Learning and Performance) a +,
- bi-lingual a +
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit