Manager of Retention
Job Ref: 46341
Department: MEMBER/CLIENT RETENTION
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $65,000.00
Salary Range: $65,000.00 - $65,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Under the direction of the Senior Associate Director of Member Retention, the Member Retention Manager will be responsible for the oversight of Member Retention Representatives. The Member Retention Manager will work collaborate with other leadership from our Member Retention, Customer Services, Marketing, Enrollment & Membership and Network Relations Departments. The Member Retention Manager will provide leadership and guidance as the Renewal Representatives provide a service to the MetroPlus members.
The Manager of Member Retention is responsible for providing the day to day supervision of the Medicaid and Family Health Plus team that is stationed in the field. The Manager will provide hands on leadership and monitoring of the field staff’s day to day activities and productivity. The Manager will also provide active feedback to the Associate Executive Director of the Department on performance (Positive or Negative) and performance improvements. An active field presence is expected at least 80% of the time.
- Supervises and monitor all Renewal Representatives’ activities in the field to ensure that predetermined goals and objectives are met.
- Responsible to make sure the team is meeting all renewal goals that are set forth by MetroPlus Health Plan.
- Responsible for participating in health fairs and/or events directed towards the education and renewal of our members.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of the departmental schedules and various rotation assignments for all field staff.
- Responsible for the integrity of data, records, paperwork, applications, etc as a result of any renewal efforts.
- Up-date and maintain department policies and procedures.
- Communicate regulatory and compliance changes as it relates to the department and functions.
- Provide feedback to staff on performance during one on one sessions and in full team meetings.
- Integrate departmental activities with Marketing and Managed Care events.
- Responsible for resolving departmental and team specific problems, concerns or issues.
- Implement and monitor activities and action plans necessary to achieve predetermined performance objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring continuous feedback to senior management regarding the performance of all staff.
- Responsible for timely completion and submission of weekly/monthly reports requested by your direct report or the facility management.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with the facility and on-site staff, community and provider organizations, as well as City and State regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for coordinating and staffing community relations and public relations activities that promote Managed Care and Metro plus Health Plan. This may occur during evening and weekend hours.
- Responsible for recognizing renewal opportunities and assisting in implementation
- Responsible for arriving at scheduled work sites, one-to-one meetings, team meetings, renewal meetings, community events, etc, on a timely basis as designated by the Retention Supervisor, Retention Manager or AED of Retention.
- Responsible for promoting the mission, values and goals of MetroPlus Health Plan.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in sales and marketing in a health care setting, with at least three years of senior management.
- Proficient with NYSOH/HRA Rectification Process
- Knowledge of Consumer/ Member Retention (Preferred)
- 7 Years of Operational Managed Care Experience.
- Integrity and trust
- Customer Service Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written and Oral Communication skills
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit