Medicare Retention Specialist I
Job Ref: 45523
Department: MEMBER/CLIENT RETENTION
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $43,958.00
Salary Range: $43,598.00 - $43,598.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Member Retention Department is responsible for the timely renewal and securing of the active membership within MetroPlus Health Plan. The Member Retention Specialist is responsible for assisting members with the renewal process in person and/or by phone. The Member Retention Specialist must ensure effective and efficient outreach in order to sustain membership. This includes both in-house and external outreach.
- Make outbound calls to renewing Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries and assist with completion of renewal package sent from the Human Resources Administration (HRA). Requesting renewal packages from HRA for those members who did not received the renewal package.
- Make outbound calls renewal assistance, surveys, and benefit updates or services.
- Assist in retaining current qualified members by following a strategic daily work schedule that includes a.m. and p.m. hours, as well as weekends. This is designed to optimize telephone outreach.
- Establish and maintain an accurate record of all member contact. This includes but is not limited to telephone outreach, home visits and walk-in appointments.
- Maximize chances of renewal by working together with the MA-FHP team to maximize retention efforts.
- Coordination and participation of renewal events aimed at attracting hard to reach members for assistance.
- Assist with the organizing of events / blitz in territory. This includes development, promotion, reporting.
- Present topics of concerns at team meetings that will assist with the improvement of production. Topics would be based on performance of representative and research done by representative.
- High School diploma or evidence of having passed a High School Equivalency Program.
- Minimum one year of experience in direct consumer contact, sales and/or social services.
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Prior Managed Care Experience (Preferred).
- Community/Field experience (Preferred).
- Integrity and trust
- Customer Service Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written and Oral Communication skills
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit