MHP Commercial Product Manager
Job Ref: 58534
Department: OPERATIONS EXCHANGE
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY 10038
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $90,000.00
Salary Range: $90,000.00 - $90,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Commercial Product Manager is responsible for the development, implementation & ongoing oversight of all commercial products offered by MetroPlus Health. The Product Manager will support key analytical activities to support the Plan’s strategic position. The Product Manager will be
accountable for & own the full spectrum of product strategy & operations, remaining proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Provide oversight of plan & vendor operations as they relate to the commercial lines of business aligning outcomes to strategic goals & requirements.
- Develop & track reports to track operational effectiveness.
- Provide end-to-end account management support for key groups as needed to ensure products meet the diverse needs of members, and operations support an optimal customer experience.
- Partner with operational departments including Claims, Customer Service, Finance, Enrollment, Vendor
- Management, & Medical Management to design processes/procedures ensuring effective & efficient operations.
- Support key stakeholders in driving initiatives to meet quality & customer satisfaction goals.
- Maintain customer focus throughout Plan operations to ensure a seamless & excellent customer experience.
- Identify & integrate operational best practices, partnering with key departments to optimize processes across the organization such as benefits administration, marketing & communications, customer experience.
- Partner with internal & external stakeholders on key strategic, regulatory, & operational projects.
- Partner with New York City Office of Labor Relations, relevant City unions & agencies to fully understand the New York City employee market.
- Perform competitive analysis & forecasting to inform product design to achieve optimal positioning & performance, partner with Marketing & communications to develop strategies to achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate discipline required.
- Master’s degree in business, healthcare or public administration strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience at a Health Plan offering commercial insurance in a product management or compliance role.
- Strong knowledge & understanding of the health insurance industry including underwriting rules & requirements, rate-setting, Flexible Spending Accounts, Labor Service Agreements, Health Savings Accounts, NYC Employee Assistance Programs, etc.
- Ability to communicate & partner effectively with brokers & FMOs.
- Thorough knowledge of NYC government agencies & unions.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing & implementing sales & marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop workflows, policies, procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement & implement solutions.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrated by an ability to use actionable data to support decision-making, and to proactively identify opportunities.
- Highly collaborative, and demonstrating good judgment in seeking consensus & input from multiple stakeholders to drive decision-making.
- Ability to take initiative & think independently
- Demonstrate understanding & acceptance of the MetroPlus Mission, Vision, & Values
- Business acumen
- Systems orientation
- Process improvement
- Data-driven decision-making
- Customer focus
- Written/oral communication
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced & constantly evolving