PeopleSoft Business Analyst
Job Ref: 44786
Category: Information Technology
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $100,000.00
Salary Range: $100,000.00 - $100,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Supporting PeopleSoft v.9.x. Financials (General Ledger, Payables, Purchasing, Fixed Asset Accounting and Expenses) and local interfaces to and from these systems. Work on production support, development and enhancement requests. Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client’s business requirements.
- Serves as a coordinator of enhancement efforts which may involve other teams.
- Participates in planning sessions to implement process improvement within an assigned area. Documents discussions and agreements.
- Understands Finance’s priorities of projects and requests. Assesses needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommend options, risks and cost vs. benefits.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Works with MIS to provide technical assistance when needed.
- Develops user test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing.
- Investigates, resolves and escalates problems.
- Participates/Coordinates the relevant application’s role in the context of larger MIS projects (i.e. Business Continuity, RBAC, etc.).
- Follow MHP MIS policies and procedures, e.g., change management, request management and related procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2-4 years’ work experience with PeopleSoft Financials (General Ledger) and experience with query, tree designer and tree manager.
- Knowledge of project life cycle skills, emphasis on requirements definition and testing.
- Trouble-shooting/Analytical skills: analytical ability to find the business rules as captured in data attributes, and vice versa.
- Formal documentation skills: business and functional requirement documents.
- Strong Verbal/Written communication skills.
- Client focus/Service orientation.
- Must be able to manage multiple efforts concurrently, be flexible in responding to business changes, and be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Desired/Plus: Knowledge of technical concepts, including good working experience with SQL for data analysis.
- Knowledge of PS Payables, Purchasing, Asset Management and Expenses and HRMS.
- Knowledge of and experience with Power BI, Excel and PS workflow.
- BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE
- Required/Must have:
- Knowledge of accounting principles (i.e. GAAP).
- Can operate within broad guidelines without close supervision.
Licensure and/or Certification Required
Integrity and Trust
Strong use of concepts: Understands a situation or problem by putting the pieces together, seeing the larger picture. This includes identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, identifying key or underlying issues in complex situations, using creative conceptual, inductive reasoning to apply existing concepts to define innovative ideas. More intuitive than rational approach of situations or problems by first trying to find the abstract meaning of things rather than the concrete nature.
Analytical capability: Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develops solutions for each unit, and integrates them back into the whole. Can absorb ideas quickly and apply them pragmatically.
Adaptability: Able to adjust to new environments, work effectively in varied situations and function in changing circumstances with a minimum of confusion or loss of productivity.
Results oriented: Setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
Strong interpersonal effectiveness: Is self-aware of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints. Demonstrates interest in other’s opinions and shows consideration, concern and respect for other people’s feelings.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit