Product Manager, Marketplace Products
Job Ref: 64683
Department: OPERATIONS EXCHANGE
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $80,000.00
Salary Range: $80,000.00 - $83,791.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Manager is responsible for the development, implementation & ongoing oversight of all Marketplace products (including Qualified Health Plans & Essential Plans) offered by MetroPlus Health. The Product Manager will support key analytical activities to support the Plan’s strategic
position. The Product Manager will be accountable for & own the full spectrum of product strategy & operations, remaining proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Manage the annual product filing process from start to finish including SERFF filings, completion & submission of the NYSoH invitation, and other regulatory requirements.
• Provide oversight of plan & vendor operations as they relate to the Marketplace lines of business aligning outcomes to strategic goals & requirements.
• Develop & track reports to ensure operational effectiveness.
• Partner with operational departments including Claims, Customer Service, Finance, Enrollment, Vendor Management, & Medical Management to design processes/procedures ensuring effective & efficient operations.
• Support key stakeholders in driving initiatives to meet operational, quality & customer satisfaction goals.
• Maintain customer focus throughout Plan operations to ensure a seamless & excellent customer experience.
• Partner with stakeholders at key regulatory agencies including DFS & NYSoH to ensure successful completion of all requirements including annual product filings & day to day enrollment/billing processes.
• Identify & integrate operational best practices, partnering with key departments to optimize processes across the organization such as benefits administration, marketing & communications, customer experience.
• Partner with internal & external stakeholders on key strategic, regulatory, & operational projects.
• Perform competitive & market analysis & forecasting to inform product design to achieve optimal positioning & performance, partner with Marketing & communications to develop strategies to achieve goals.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, the sciences, humanities, public health/policy required.
• Master’s degree in business, healthcare or public administration strongly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience at a Health Plan offering Marketplace coverage in a product management, compliance, regulatory, or operational role.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated experience with SERFF filings in NYS, RADV, & interfacing with NYSoH.
• Demonstrated experience developing & implementing sales & marketing strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to develop workflows, policies, procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement & implement solutions.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills demonstrated by an ability to use actionable data to support decision-making, and to proactively identify opportunities.
• Highly collaborative, and demonstrating good judgment in seeking consensus & input from multiple stakeholders to drive decision-making.
• Ability to take initiative & think independently
• Demonstrate understanding & acceptance of the MetroPlus Mission, Vision, & Values
• Business acumen
• Systems orientation
• Process improvement
• Data-driven decision-making
• Customer focus
• Written/oral communication
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced & constantly evolving