Programmer Systems Analyst
Job Ref: 57841
Category: Information Technology
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY 10038
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $90,000.00
Salary Range: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for a Programmer/System Analyst. The successful candidate will offer support to our Production team and our Business Unit for a wide variety of critical software applications. The Programmer/System Analyst will also develop custom scripts and applications based on our project priority list, test applications regularly, create software patches for older platforms and perform routine maintenance on all our legacy systems.
- Participate in the design and development of the system specifications;
- Interact with end users to verify detailed specifications when needed;
- Participate in detailed programming development and testing of interfaces according to the specifications;
- Plan and participate in the application deployment. Work closely with Help Desk to coordinate installation of new application if needed;
- Participate in the application post implementation phase to ensure the application meet the business requirements;
- Provide assists for on-going application maintenance;
- Provide suggestions to supervisor to improve system/application performance;
- Develop technical documentation;
- Evaluate operational changes that result from system implementation, provide such feedback to supervisor for review.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred;
- Experience in programming include coding, testing and deployment;
- Project management skills;
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work with team of members on assigned project.
- Operational and technical experience with development tools include but not limited to VB.NET; C#; Web Services, REST API, Angular (or similar Java script frameworks), Visual Studio (Current and Previous Versions), LINQ, Regular Expressions, XML and other tools applicable;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft DevOps framework; Content Versioning; Agile methodology.
- Strong experience with Database design, including Microsoft SQL Server database platform (latest version) with a focus on T-SQL
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Analytical ability to evaluate and construct accurate and efficient programming solution to business problems;
- Ability to understand business needs;
- Ability to learn new software tools;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; Understand MetroPlus’ policies and procedures