Provider Contracting Administrative Assistant
Job Ref: 44996
Department: PROVIDER CONTRACTING
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $45,000.00
Salary Range: $45,000.00 - $45,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Administrative Assistant position will be a support role to assist in coordination, tracking, and documenting meetings related to MetroPlus’ Delegation Oversight process. The Administrative Assistant will coordinate work efforts and draft documents for distribution to internal parties and vendors. Drafting and distributing agendas, documenting minutes, coordinating calls and meetings, and working with Contract Managers and Vendors to ensure MetroPlus’ delegation goals are met. We expect that any candidates have strong organization skills in addition to a background in Health Plan operations.
- Maintains document libraries, files and records in an organized manner for east retrieval. Documents may be paper or electronic (preferred).
- Organizes meetings, agendas, presentations, materials as related to the Vendor Delegation Process at MetroPlus
- Record and distribute complete and timely minutes of the Delegation Oversight Committee (DOC), which will serve as a forum to report and monitor performance of all delegated entities.
- Document outcomes from Delegation audits and reviews, and distribute to appropriate MetroPlus and external parties
- Maintains central repository for Delegation (and Accreditation) materials
- Produces and disseminates regular and ad hoc reports
- Provides administrative support for Director of Vendor Delegation and the Vendor Delegation Oversight Committee
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Five plus years of professional experience in health plan setting
- Background in health plan Compliance, Vendor Management, or Vendor Oversight Department preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects of competing priority
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- High level ability to utilize Microsoft Word and Excel to produce reports and documents for Executive level distribution.
- Ability to develop relationships both inside and outside the organization, in order to obtain needed feedback and responses.
- Coordinates with Contract Managers on delegation matters
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communication
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit