Public Relations Specialist
Job Ref: 55997
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $70,000.00
Salary Range: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for generating awareness of MetroPlus initiatives by preparing and distributing press releases, fact sheets, press packets, talking points, and other pertinent materials. The Public Relations Specialist must be skilled at delivering clear and succinct messaging in a fast-paced environment and in promoting MetroPlus projects. Public Relations Manager must be able to coordinate efforts with City agencies as well as NYC Health + Hospitals.
- Identifies and develops news, public interest and feature story ideas that will help generate greater awareness about MetroPlus, its mission, key programs, activities and initiatives.
- Serves as a point of contact for press and media requests as assigned by Director of Communications.
- Develops external relationship to position MetroPlus as an industry leader.
- Drafts public relations materials, including press releases, blog posts, executive-bylined articles, and talking points.
- Prepares fact sheets, media advisories, press releases, talking points and presentations for speeches or interviews by MetroPlus staff. Prepares staff for press interviews including pulling together information or other materials to enable staff to be fully briefed.
- Assists with adding content to MetroPlus website, social media, internal communications, and member and provider newsletters.
- Communicates the public health aspects of an issue with a focus on special populations.
- Champions the development of MetroPlus goals and objectives and participates in overall planning activities as assigned by Director.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive public relations strategy; coordinates and oversees plans and materials.
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, products, and services.
- Tracks requests from and coordinates responses with NYC Health + Hospitals and other City agencies, as needed.
- Maintains a list of key stakeholders including contact information, key interests and executive profiles.
- Tracks responses and pickups of press releases and other promotion, for both earned and paid content.
- Supports Director and other Communications staff in development of additional internal and content, as needed.
- BA or BS in relevant field.
- 7+ years’ experience in a marketing or communications role required.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Adobe Pro DC,; proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, a plus.
- Knowledge of digital and social media.
- Knowledge of communications trends and practices.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public and media relations, community relations, government relations, and external and internal communications.
- Ability to work with members of the press, as directed, including print, broadcast, and electronic media.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple, deadline-driven projects with strong attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (ENG/SPN) a plus.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication