Senior SCCM Engineer
Job Ref: 58864
Category: Information Technology
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY 10038
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $85,000.00
Salary Range: $85,000.00 - $105,000.00
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Sr. SCCM Engineer will be responsible for software distribution and patch management as well as building and deploying software packages to workstations. The selected candidate will provide administration support for software package development and configuration management and will
research and evaluate software and hardware technologies.
- Designing, planning, and implementing System Center Configuration Manager
- Manage upgrades and monitor general health while providing expertise guidance on improvements
- Manage and configure user and device collections
- Deployment of applications and software updates
- Response to escalated issues that are related to workstation updates and deployments
- Deploying operating system images
- Deploy management agents while also troubleshooting client health
- Manage and report on hardware and software inventory
- Create, modify, produce and schedule custom reporting as needed.
- Perform and assist with any other functions as required by the manager
- A Baccalaureate Degree from and accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Business Administration, Telecommunications, or a related field of study; or equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) years of progressive, responsible expertise as a Desktop Management Engineer, providing Windows Desktop application deployment solution and support in a large environment using SCCM.
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory; including replication, GPO and DNS
- Broad knowledge and expertise in the characteristics of computers, peripheral devices, communication systems analysis methodology, data management, retrieval techniques and scripting
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- Three (3) to five (5) year experience with systems design
- Experience with Exchange Online, Microsoft 365, Azure AD, Intune and various cloud technologies
- Knowledge of VMware Horizon VDI, VMWARE Workspace One
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication
- Emphasis is put upon the ability to produce well written technical documentation