Service Desk Technician
Job Ref: 80848
Category: Information Technology
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: 50 Water Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10004
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $52,258.00
Salary Range: $52,258.00 - $62,258.00
Empower. Unite. Care.
MetroPlusHealth is committed to empowering New Yorkers by uniting communities through care. We believe that Health care is a right, not a privilege. If you have compassion and a collaborative spirit, work with us. You can come to work being proud of what you do every day.
About NYC Health + Hospitals
MetroPlusHealth provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlusHealth's network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlusHealth has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Reporting to the Manager of Help Desk, the Service Desk Technician will provide first level troubleshooting support for a variety of computing support issues while ensuring the highest-level customer service. This role will provide day to day support for application, hardware and networking issues. The Service Desk Technician should be able to handle a minimum of 60 customer contacts a day while maintaining a 90% first call resolution.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all IT issues, quickly responding customers request for IT service within SLA guidelines.
- Serves as primary support for end user access management requests including new employee technology onboarding, account setups, access changes and terminations. Follows established audit procedures to ensure all employees receive proper access as authorized by their job function.
- Accurately triages and categorizes incidents and requests coming into the Service Desk, ensuring all tickets are properly documented in accordance with IT quality guidelines.
- Uses remote tools (Go to assist, SCCM) to further diagnose and troubleshoot issues at remote locations.
- Appropriately routes issues not resolved on initial contact to the correct team for resolution, ensuring all troubleshooting and triage steps are documented in ticketing before reassignment.
- Assists in documentation of Service Desk troubleshooting procedures that can be shared with the team’s knowledgebase.
- Assists in identification of trends in incidents, recommending recurring issues for problem management process.
- To ensure continuity of essential services, this role maybe required to work variable shifts and/or overtime depending on business.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline, or 3+ years of experience in the Service Desk industry.
- 3 years’ experience on an enterprise Service Desk preferred
- Strong customer service focus, organizational skills and ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory and basic AD administration (User and Group management)
- Fundamental Windows 7 & Windows 10 troubleshooting and mobile device support in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 support (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Hands on experience working with an ITSM/ticketing system (ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.)
- ITIL Certification a Plus• A+ certification a Plus
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication