Service Now Developer
Job Ref: 45459
Category: Information Technology
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $90,000.00
Salary Range: $90,000.00 - $90,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
The Service Now Developer will play a key role in maturing our Service Now platform, and as a result, our Service Management practice. This individual will be the technical design lead for Service Now code and architecture, and work with key business units and process managers in order to build solutions and processes, supporting maintenance, continual service improvement, and new capabilities on the Service Now platform.
- Chief technical designer for Service Now code and architecture, responsible for overall Service Now code quality.
- Design, prototype, implement, test, and deploy business rules, technical solutions, such as client scripts, UI pages/actions/policies, scheduled job, import sets and transform maps, ACLs and notifications.
- Develop custom integration components (SSO, CMDB, SAS connectors etc.) and integrate legacy systems with Service Now using mid-tier, web services, chatops, email and other relevant technologies.
- Develop existing and custom applications within Service Now including integrations with other applications.
- Hands-on experience in Service Catalog/Service Portal modules.
- Create and use update sets to move customizations between Service Now instances.
- Design for and maintain highly available and recoverable environment.
- Provide administrative Service Now support, including advanced support via troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis.
- Document, maintain and update policies, procedures and controls for the operation of the Service Now Platform and it SDLC.
- Responsible for reviewing requirements to ensure that they are provided in sufficient detail to be accurately estimated. Work with managers to fully understand business functionality, pain points, and areas of improvements.
- Commit to continuous improvement and learning of development and Service Now best practices, tools and technology.
- Proactively keeps Service Now skills current- Manage and lead the development work of vendors and consulting staff.
- Mentor and share Technical knowledge with Service Management team
- 3+ years of experience of Service Now development
- 3+ years of experience in IT Service Management process design
- Service Now Admin Certification – Overarching understanding of Service Now Enterprise product suite
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the Service Now integration solutions including: Service Now API’s, SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Ability to apply business concepts into a technical solution.
- Web portal development skills such as HTML, CSS, Angular JS, Bootstrap
- Experience implementing the following Core Process Areas: Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Request, CMDB, Knowledge
- Ability to crate reports using the standard reporting engine, plus metrics and SLAs
- Follows Service Now best practices (including scripting, security, and implementation.)
- Displays aptitude in learning new modules based on training materials.
- Experience with collaboration across functional borders enterprise-wise (i.e. within and outside of IT.)
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- ITIl foundation certification
High school diploma or GED Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years Service Now administration in an enterprise environment.
- ITIL Intermediate certification- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration and documentation skills.
- Asset Management skills
- Experience in a healthcare domain
- Passion for providing excellent service to all internal customers.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
MetroPlus Health Plan
Human Resources Department
160 Water Street 8th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Attn: Recruitment Unit