Sr Reporting & Systems Analyst
Job Ref: 56969
Department: ANALYTICS AND REPORTING
Location: 160 Water St. #3, New York, NY
Job Type: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hire In Rate: $100,000.00
Salary Range: $100,000.00 - $100,000.00
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Under the Chief Administrative Officer and the Head of Health Analytics, the position of Sr Reporting and Systems Analyst is responsible in engaging stakeholders in understanding business requirements and needs, develop and execute reporting requirements in a timely and consistent manner. Assess, maintain, and enhance existing data process and reporting routines, provide support to regulatory reporting. This individual will provide meaningful and actionable insights to help drive financial and operational decision making. This role will work closely with various operational, medical management, and IT departments across the organization.
The successful candidate must have healthcare experience and knowledge in plan membership and claims data, able to work autonomously and collaboratively with other Health Analytic team members, and with various subject matter experts and stakeholders across the organization. Technical proficiency and sharp healthcare and technical knowledge are equally required—the ability to effectively communicate with business users of varying data competencies & complexity in business needs and objectives is very important. This position requires an analytical-minded individual who enjoys and thrives working in a fast-paced, nebulous, challenging, but rewarding environment.
- Working with various stakeholders throughout the organization in assessing business requirements and, develop and implement reports and dashboards
- Assist in creating comprehensive documentation of existing workflows, data processing, and reporting logics.
- Working closely with membership and roster data to create meaningful insights on membership status, retroactivities, and trends.
- Working with various departments across the organization in providing support for regulatory reporting and auditing needs.
- Create dashboards, data visualization, and presentations in communicating actionable & timely findings to a variety of key decision makers
- Translate raw data and information into concise metrics that is understandable by non-technically individuals
- Drive the delivery & management of routine weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, as well as providing support on numerous ad-hoc reporting.
- Prepare and conduct projection analyses on membership, claims and utilization, including underlying trends.
- Manage and prioritize concurrently projects in a timely and consistent manner
- Works with clinical and non-clinical users to understand reporting needs, and to ensure that reporting is done in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborate with other Health Analytics team members and other departments & SME’s to understand company needs and devise possible solutions including data integrity / data governance solutions to remove joint obstacles to timely and high-quality data analytics
- Bachelors degree in Health Sciences, Statistics, Health Informatics, Health Economics or similar field (Masters degree preferred).
- Health care insurance background is required
- 3-5 years required experience in progressively complex healthcare data analytics
- 3+ years of experience working with 834 and WMS roster data (required)
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL (required)
- Experience with claims data (desired)
- Familiar with various EDI data format (desired)
- Previously experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) desired
- Superior analytical abilities: can draw insight from findings and understand business relevance
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience preparing and presenting to internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational & project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication