We support professional development and growth, and the opportunity for all our staff to reach their highest levels of personal potential and team success.
- Take advantage of various training opportunities in classroom and online settings
- Refresh or learn new technical or leadership skills
- Apply for full or partial graduate degree scholarships through the Mayor's Graduate Scholarship Program
Become a Better Manager
Managers who oversee a unit or department can develop their managerial skills through classroom and individualized development leadership coaching. Topics include:
- Managerial roles and responsibilities
- Performance management
- Strategic and operational planning
- Team management
Develop Your Critical and/or Problem-Solving Skills
- Learn and apply the Clear Thinking techniques to help resolve critical issues, act decisively utilizing realistic case studies and work-related issues, essential for effective, efficient collaboration across teams and functions.
- Learn to systematically find root causes for tough problems and make decisions aligned with business priorities.
- Discover Breakthrough, our “lean” process improvement methodology to learn how to become a more efficient problem-solver.